August 15, 2022
What Can Braces Fix?
What would it be if you could change one thing about your smile? At Genesis Dental, we can help you fix that one thing and more with our braces! Our orthodontic treatment in South Jordan, Utah, can improve the appearance of your teeth and help you feel more confident in your smile.
We offer a variety of braces options to fit your needs and budget. We will work with you to find the best treatment plan to achieve your desired results. Let us help you love your smile!
Orthodontic Treatment With Braces
Maybe the one thing you’d change about your smile is the fact that your teeth are crooked, or perhaps your bite is off. Well, you’re in luck! Orthodontic treatment can enhance your smile’s appearance and improve your teeth’ function. But what exactly can braces fix? Let’s take a look.
What Are Some Common Reasons to Get Braces?
There are several reasons why someone might seek out orthodontic treatment. One of the most common reasons is for aesthetic purposes; many people feel self-conscious about their teeth and want to improve their smile. Others may have functional problems with their teeth, such as difficulty chewing or pain when biting down. Still, others may have malocclusion, which means that the upper and lower jaws are not aligned properly. Whatever the reason, braces can usually help!
What Issues Can Braces Address?
Braces are very versatile and can be used to treat a wide variety of issues. Braces actually move your teeth – they do this gradually and gently so that you are comfortable during your treatment. Some of the most common problems that braces can fix include:
- Crooked Teeth: This is probably the most well-known reason to get braces. If your teeth are crooked, crowded, or spreading out too much, braces can help to straighten them out and give you a straighter, more uniform smile.
- Gaps Between Teeth: If you have gaps between your teeth, braces can help to close them up.
- Jaw Misalignment: If your upper and lower jaws are not correctly aligned, braces can help to fix this issue. This misalignment can cause many problems, including difficulty chewing and pain in the jaw.
- Overbite: An overbite is when the upper teeth extend too far over the lower teeth. An overbite can cause difficulty chewing and even pain in the jaw. Braces can help to correct an overbite and improve your bite.
- Underbite: An underbite is the opposite of an overbite; in this case, the lower teeth extend too far out, causing the chin to protrude. Like an overbite, an underbite can make chewing difficult and lead to jaw pain. Braces can also help to fix an underbite.
- Crowded Teeth: If your teeth are too close together, it can be challenging to clean them properly. Crowded teeth can lead to tooth decay and other problems. Braces can help to space out your teeth and make them easier to clean.
These are just some of the ways that braces can improve your smile! Contact Genesis Dental of South Jordan today if you are interested in braces and believe they might be right for you. We would be happy to answer any of your questions and help you get started on the path to a straighter, healthier smile!
Quality Braces in South Jordan, Utah
If you’re considering orthodontic treatment, there’s a good chance that braces can help you achieve the results you’re looking for. Whether you want to improve the appearance of your smile or fix functional problems with your teeth, braces may be an excellent option. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Jensen or Dr. Boyack today to see if braces are right for you!